The Waupaca School District will be getting an additional police-liason officer later this school year. That after the Waupaca City Council gave their approval to adding the additional officer to the force. In the agreement with the school district, the city pays 25 percent of the officer’s cost, while the district pays the remaining 75 percent. Mayor Brian Smith says the estimated overall cost of the new officer, including salary and benefits, is close to 100-thousand dollars, so the cost to the city is about 25-thousand per year. The officer will perform city duties during the summer months. School officials had said they hoped to have the officer on board in January of February, but Mayor Smith says because of hiring and training procedures, its more likely to be April when the new officer begins his duties.