For the 2nd time this month, careless use of a cigarette has caused a home fire in New London. Firefighters there responded to the call around 7:30 Monday morning at 412 West Law Street. Officials say the fire started when an occupant of the home dropped a cigarette next to a bed. The fire then spread to a nearby oxygen tank. Investigators say the occupant was able to keep the fire from spreading by closing the door to the bedroom on his way out. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the bedroom, but there was moderate smoke damage throughout the house. No one was injured, and crews were on that scene for about two hours.