Tune in for great fun on WDUX!
Limit one winner per contest, per household, per month. Gift certificates may be redeemed for one discount per visit and may not be combined.
WDUX Contact Info for Birthdays and Anniversaries:
WDUX Radio (please note bday or anniversary)
200 Tower Road
PO Box 247
Waupaca WI 54981
- To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the United States. Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and any other local radio Stations and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the contest.
- Contestants may only win one prize per contest per month (other than a grand prize winner who also wins a qualifying prize in that same contest).
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Contestants may enter as often as they wish but only one winner per family or household per contest (only the first chronologically prize won will be awarded), unless expressly specified otherwise in contest rules for the specific contest at issue.
- Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. Station is not responsible for any printing errors.
- All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
- Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
- For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air) at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers, seventh caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited shall be eligible to win. Winners will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. For call-in contests that require entrants to answer questions or perform in some other manner, such contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (1) the order in which calls were received and (2) whether any answer required to be given is correct or the “best” or most desirable (based on any lawful criteria Station deems desirable). By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
- Certain call-in contests (as described in subsection (a) immediately above) may also provide that the call-in winner is also then automatically qualified for an entry in a grand prize drawing. In such event, the date and/or time of such grand prize drawing will be announced on-air. The location of such drawing may be at the Station’s studios or may be at a public location, as determined by Station in its sole discretion.
- For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
- For entry box contests, entries must be completed fully and deposited in the official entry box by the announced deadline. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted). Official contest entry blanks are only available at the location of the official entry box while supplies last.
- For contests involving Station’s obligation to notify qualifiers or finalists or where there is a deadline for prize claims, if the Station did not have actual contact (in person or telephone) with the winner as part of the contest, Station will only be required to leave one message at the number provided in the entry form (if applicable) or provided at the time that the Station collected the winner’s information (by phone or in person). If no answer or answering machine is reached, Station will not be obligated to attempt any further contact. However, Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to attempt to contact any qualifier/entrant/finalist/winner more than once and shall not be required to attempt to contact all qualifiers/entrants/finalists/winners an equal number of times. If no telephone number was provided and the Station has an address, the Station may elect to send one written notification letter by first class mail, time permitting.
- Any of the Station contests may require that one or more selected entrants listen for their name to be announced on-air as a potential winner. In such events: only the actual person who entered can win and must be the person who calls in (persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant), and the call-in must be received and answered by the Station within the exact period of time announced.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary here in or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadline.
- All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 200 Tower Road Waupaca, WI 54981 during normal business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, 8 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station.
- Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and/or valid social security number in order to pick up any prize. Winners may required, in Station’s sole discretion, to sign a Liability Release Agreement relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number or complete or provide any other documents required by the Station by the deadline required by Station will forfeit any and all contest prizes.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
- Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
- Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally to prizes awarded in Station contests:
- Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include black-out periods, restrictions or excluded items (for example, tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified.
- In all instances in which winner has the right to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited by the Sponsor or certain specific products or manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been awarded the prize.
- Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no, and hereby release Station and its contest sponsors from, responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for any other advertising and promotional purpose without payment of any additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- Station reserves the right to: (1) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (2) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (3) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
- Winner’s List: For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station address identifying the name of the particular contest that you would like to receive a winner’s list for. The Station address is 200 Tower Road P.O. Box 247 Waupaca, WI 54981. All requests for winner lists must be mailed and received by the Station after the contest is over but prior to 4 months after the contest has been concluded.
- These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any specific contest rules differ from these rules, the specific contest rules will govern and control.
Caller Trivia Rules:
- Real world, verifiable, standard trivia questions only. No metaphysical, unverifiable, survey or otherwise improbable questions accepted.
- Acceptable: “What is the best selling breakfast cereal of all time?”
- Unacceptable: “What cereal did I eat for breakfast?”
- One-part trivia questions only. If Caller asks a multi-part question, Announcers have the option of answering one or all parts of the question, or moving on to next Caller.
- Up to three Callers will be taken in order of when Announcers answer the phones. If Announcers answer incorrectly, that Caller wins prize and it is game over.
- If Announcers answer correctly, they move on to the next Caller. After three Callers, game is over, win or lose.
- The person who makes the call must ask the question on the air. They may not hand off the question to someone else.