A house near Bear Lake is a total loss following a fire Friday night. The call came in around 10:15 from E5396 Bear Lake Road, with the fire showing flames in the chimney area of the home. When fire crews arrived the home was engulfed. Manawa Fire Chief Rob Roseneau says firefighters were hampered by the cold temperatures and wind chill…. temperatures were below zero at the time of the fire. The chief says a 3 inch pipe on a fire truck froze solid, and they had to use hot water to get the valves open to refill tankers at the station. There were no injuries from the fire, but some cats inside the residence likely did not make it out. Crews from Weyauwega, Scandinavia, Ogdensburg, and New London assisted at the scene, as did the Iola Fire Chief. The family displaced by the fire is currently staying with relatives.