One person was injured in a hotel fire near the Fox River Mall Tuesday. Grand Chute and Appleton firefighters were called to the Holiday Inn, just off College Avenue, around 5 pm, for a fire on the 6th floor. The blaze started from a cigarette in a trash shoot that was being used during the current renovations to the hotel. A construction worker trying to put the fire out was hurt, and taken to a Fox Valley hospital….. the extent of his injuries was not released. Hotel guests were allowed back in the building on floors 1 through 5 after about an hour.